Photo by Melody

Weather: February Daily Weather#2, Spring is just around the corner!, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: February Daily Weather#2, Spring is just around the corner!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of February Daily Weather#2, Spring is just around the corner!
rannveig wrote:
Good morning!

Wow sounds like a lot of you had a stormy and cold weekend! I guess the ground hog was right ;-)

Friday's storm broke yet another pane in the green house and blew out the other two that keep falling out in every big storm this winter. It was a bit drafty there this weekend ..... I didn't notice it until Sunday. I need to start checking the greenhouse after these big storms ....

DH was mighty glad to get out of that plane ....... planes aren't very steady on the ground in those kinds of winds ..... It's kind of like being on a boat. I don't know why on earth they waited 5 hours to get them off - it was clear from the forecast that the winds weren't dying down anytime soon. The weather was worse when they finally got out than when the plane landed. Apparently planes can take off and land in high winds if the wind direction is right ....... I think they need to figure out a plan to get people quicker off the planes that manage to land though ......

It's cloudy, 32°F and rather blustery, about 22 mph.

Sharon - Lady Margaret is looking good! :-)

Kwanjin and Karrie - Welcome! Very nice scenery you have there Kwanjin :-)

Kiska - so interesting about the sled run - and the plugged in cars :-)

It's 9:30 am and it's light out already! :-) Sunrise now at 9:34 and sunset at 5:49.

Sharon - does your "Phal" live outside?? Mine are still blooming :-) I saw 2 more at the garden center the other day that I decided I couldn't do without ;-) Here's one of them:

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann