Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Weather: February Daily Weather#2, Spring is just around the corner!, 1 by kiska

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kiska

In reply to: February Daily Weather#2, Spring is just around the corner!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of February Daily Weather#2, Spring is just around the corner!
kiska wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balto
The above link is information about the diptheria serum run by dog sled in 1925. It was more than 1000 miles to Nome where the outbreak occured. Balto was one of the lead dogs, Togo, the other, that got the serum to Nome. Now, the Iditarod Sled Dog race commerates that event. There is no road/nor rroad to Nome; like most of Alaska, travel by plane is the way to other areas of the state.
This weekend the more than 2,000 mile "Iron Dog" race began, from here to Nome, backtrack to Fairbanks by snow machine. The defending champion is the husband of the governor of Alaska; he's referred to as the "First Dude"...
The plug ins for vehicles are for non-diesel. We have engine block heaters installed; they keep the oil liquid and keep the battery from freezing.
3pm:
9°F above and had some snow w/more forecast.
Dyson~~sounds awful, but at least you didn't have a broken pipe.
Sidney~I'm intrigued by your description of the fragrance of the Taggats you mentioned. What is it and what is the plant?
Sharon~Prissy looks very content. She's going to miss you this summer. Bet she's going to be in good hands, though.
clerkie56~hope all's well there; do the buses have chains? The ones here have automatic chains; they drop down from the undercarriage onto the tires w/out the driver getting out.
kwanjin~looks like a very acceptable temperature for winter; should it stay like that?
Joey~tulips popping up; how nice that pot will be soon. B
Marylyn~~weeding and moving plants sounds like a good way to spend some time.
School buses plugged in. (I think I've posted this before)...