Photo by Melody

Weather: February Daily Weather - Spring is around the corner!, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: February Daily Weather - Spring is around the corner!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of February Daily Weather - Spring is around the corner!
rannveig wrote:
Good morning!

Kiska - your 9 pm is 6 am here! :-)

It will be another sunny and calm day. It's very cold this morning - still around 7 - 12 °F, last night's low was 5°F. It hasn't gotten this cold here in years and there isn't enough hot water to go around to heat the houses. My mom just called and they're in the cold - there's only a trinkling of hot water at her house. The pools have closed to save water, so I guess I won't be going swimming today ..... Fortunately for us - we have pleanty of heat. The pipeline to Hafnarfjörður isn't big enough to carry enough water when it's in such a high demand and there's not enough pressure in the system. Neighborhoods that are higher up aren't getting enough water. Maybe they weren't prepared for the fact that it still could get this cold here ....... or didn't factor in the effect of new neighborhoods. Somebody hasn't been doing their job at least ...... Fortunately it's supposed to warm up tomorrow :-)
Thanks for your compliments on the norther lights photo ....... I hope I'll see more of them so I can get more photos ....... it would be cool to get a photo away from the street lights. For some reason they've been a rare sight lately.

Debi - Gus is so adorably cute :-) Love that photo :-)

TF - I hope your little one will be feeling better and you get some sleep :-) I know, Iceland in a cold spell must be a hoot! lol It's just not supposed to get this cold here ...... we have a maritime climate for goodness sakes! lol Just wet and coooooool, not fridgid!lol OK enough complaining we can hold out for one more day ;-)

KG - beautiful photos :-) There are some beautiful buildings over there :-)

Here's a snow photo from a while back - Jan 17th.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann