Photo by Melody

Weather: February Daily Weather - Spring is around the corner!, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: February Daily Weather - Spring is around the corner!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of February Daily Weather - Spring is around the corner!
rannveig wrote:
Good morning everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA so long - I've just been busy trying to keep up with life! lol Got cought up in seed catalogs and seed starting along with the normal duties of taking care of house and kids :-) We were all feeling a bit under the weather last week but everyone's feeling better this week.

Hildur Eva turned 5 on Jan 14th. She was a bit surprised by the fact that she hadn't grown noticably overnight. She asked me "Mom, are you sure I'm 5 now?" She thought she'd be bigger. lol

It started snowing on Jan 14th and we've had snow on the ground since then, despite two hefty rain storms. There's been quite a bit of snow to clear off the drive way - so I've been a bit busy with that too.

Today the skies are clear, the sun is out, it's fairly calm and FREEZING!!!! 14°F. That's news material since we don't see temps like that every year. lol The old norse month of Thorri started last Friday and it's certainly living up to it's name as the coldest month of the year this time! lol The time of "spoiled food" feasts otherwise known as Thorrablót is upon us ...... here's a link to last year's post about that delightful tradition (I'm not a fan but DH is .... I think it's a male thing ...... lol) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=3099264

Joey - so glad that JW is on the mend. That RS virus is a nasty one - it's been going around here too.

Great photos everyone! I'm so hopelessly behind that I don't have time to get caught up - it would take me the rest of the day ..... and unfortunately I don't have the time ...... This is the second time writing this post since I lost the first one! ARRRGHH I so hate it when that happens.

I'm contemplating whether I should go swimming today ...... 14°F does seem a bit nippy. On the other hand I really do need the exercise .......

This cloudy cought my eye this morning when I was putting out food for the birds ....... I've been a bit busy with that too ..... all these little things seem to add up to no computer time ..... I'll try to keep up ;-) lol

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann