Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #3, 1 by rjuddharrison

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rjuddharrison

In reply to: Tropical Garden #3

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #3
rjuddharrison wrote:
Yes, the beaumontias have a lovely scent.
I haven't been successful at cuttings on the Beaumontia, but then the vine was alot smaller. There's enough now for a cutting. I can either send the cutting to you or try and have Wayne from Zone9 tropicals help me root one for you Rita.. If that's successful, I can take a couple more for other folk.
We have put a bunch of Hawaiin wood rose to root. Will see if that works too, the vine thickness is similar. A bunch of them are at Waynes in a cutting mister area he has. Mine in the green house didn't look so good, so I moved them in to the heat mat today. I also stuck some around in the garden bed as an experiment. I did this last week, and noticed some in the garden beds are still green. Propagating these thick vines are a new experience. We put root hormone on them. I know Wayne has done Beaumontias before. I bought my vine from Topstropicals 5 gal, as I tried the seed route before...a large sized plant is definately the way to go.
This is the right end of the vine...it is like a snake, moving around all day long...it's been twining it's way in the bougainvilla...