Photo by Melody

Michigan Gardening: SPRING OF 2008 PLANTSWAP FOR WEST MICH ????, 1 by deejay9

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright deejay9

In reply to: SPRING OF 2008 PLANTSWAP FOR WEST MICH ????

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of SPRING OF  2008 PLANTSWAP FOR WEST MICH  ????
deejay9 wrote:
I have a few seeds planted no much tried 6-8 Dbl hollyhock seeds I have 2 sprouts
Not sure if they are the HH or a weed from the soil :) I had some potting soil from last fall
& put it in a qt pot soaked it put the HH seeds in it slid the pot into a ziplock baggie
zipped it up put under the light & about 3 days I had 2 sprouts .

did the same with Granny Plum Not sure if its a Pumpkin or a squash it just say ornamental & I have 4 sprouts out of 4 seeds i planted on sunday the 13th
had 4 sprouts on the 16th no joke .
3 days is fast wouldn't you say for pumpkin or squash ???

told my dad this morning & he says they won't make it till spring so i guess i have my work cut out to make sure they do:)) 4 days & here is the picture taken this morning.
planted them on sunday morning :))
guess i better wait & plant the rest of my seeds 2wks before last frost :))

kept the seeds in the frig & well i guess they thought it was summer once they hit the dirt :) .
well i have 2 apts today so I hope to hear other result from you on your growing seeds .

Jazz love your lighting
Martha is your GH Heated In the winter ?
wantabe : put your pots out in the snowbank for a few days then bring them back in to the heat :)))

Just recieved some liliumsseeds in the mail yesterday so going to put them in the cold for awhile then try planting them :) can hardly wait :))

have a great day to all love hearing from you .
susie