Photo by Melody

Michigan Gardening: SPRING OF 2008 PLANTSWAP FOR WEST MICH ????, 1 by jazzzy704

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jazzzy704

In reply to: SPRING OF 2008 PLANTSWAP FOR WEST MICH ????

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of SPRING OF  2008 PLANTSWAP FOR WEST MICH  ????
jazzzy704 wrote:
Hello Sussie,
i grow lots of stuff under florescent lights each year. You do need to look at each package of seeds. Some seeds need total darkness to germinate and also not too much bottom heat. Others like bottom heat and light. You do not need a grow light only florescent for leaf out and some growth.
I am set up to grow about 50 flats. i was going to do less this year but now i am wondering if I should grow some perennials for the swap!! I think i may!
I do not have all the answers but lots of times you can get them here or at the extension center
by putting the info you are looking for into your search bar and usually some extension center will appear with the needed information. If I can be helpful I would be happy to answer anything I know.
If you have any heat mat or heat box or top of furnace or top of fridge...any heat source will do for germination. But some do require warm soil before they will send out growth!! You know the ones!!
It's the same ones that only grow well when the soil warms!!
Well I hope all is well with you hope to meet you in June!!
I enclosed a picture of some cutings I am over wintering upstairs. The top shelf has some Brugs
I got from this site. I am trying to hold them here until I start my basement operation up!!