Photo by Melody

Weather: November Daily Weather, Time for a garden nap., 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: November Daily Weather, Time for a garden nap.

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of November Daily Weather,  Time for a garden nap.
rannveig wrote:
Good afternoon :-)

It's raining hard and windy - there's another storm coming through tonight. Currently it's 37°F, 24 mph winds from the east gusting to 40 mph.

Kelli - Halloween isn't observed here in Iceland. Great photos from your Pennsylvania trip :-)

Sharon - I went to the store looking for pumpkins but they were out - it's something you don't normally find here - I think I saw them for the first time for sale last year. So I had to get creative to make a 'Jack-o-lantern' ;-) There's no trick or treating here.

marsue - thanks :-) The girls look very pleased with their new hats - very pretty :-)

Wow Kiska - gorgeous photo :-)

What I brought back with me from the time I lived in the US is making caramel apples for Halloween. Selma Rún's class had a Halloween party in their English class - they were the only class in the school that got to have a Halloween party. They thought that was very cool ;-) Because Selma got to bring a costume to school - Hildur Eva got all excited about Halloween too and thought it was terribly unfair that she couldn't also wear a costume to school. lol So they put on their costumes when we got home last night and we made caramel apples for desert and lit our 'Jack-o-lantern' in the kitchen window. That was about it for our Halloween.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann