Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: My garden's feathered community., 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: My garden's feathered community.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My garden's feathered  community.
77sunset wrote:
Good morning Sue and chrissy. I had a great time at the market but it was quite warm which was a change . I have a feeling it was the precursor to a very hot summer. I bought another lot of bearded iris, 14 beautiful ones, 6 with names , the others without. . Today I have to go and find room for them all. I also found another epi and a large zygo.
My epi had no flower so there is a surprise in store for me there.. There is not much food at these trash & treasures as they are run by the local Lions Club who usually just run a sausage sizzle. You can get cups of tea though for which I was grateful. We have our local Show next week so I will be selling a lot of plants again.
I have found where I can get more Iris at an Iris garden near Portland , about 3/4 of an hour from here.
I will have to go and check it out as they do have other plants .
The Iris I did buy were all in flower and there was more than one rhizome in each bag , so they were a real bargain.
Lots more flowers for the honey eaters. I have a vase of the iris flowers on the table here and the perfume is lovely. Funny, but you usually don't think of Iris as being perfumed but these all are. We had rain last night and this morning is really perfect. Warm with a bit of cloud cover and NO WIND.
I am going out to plant these Iris . Pic is one of them
Happy gardening all.