Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: PLANT & SEED SWAP. ( within Australia only ), 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: PLANT & SEED SWAP. ( within Australia only )

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of PLANT & SEED SWAP. ( within Australia only )
77sunset wrote:
Back again, hello all. Well, after me saying it was cold yesterday morning, it was back to warm weather after lunch. I was back in short sleeves and I finished my path . I then went to look at my hippies. They were originally all above the ground but over time have sunk down. I will lift them all and put some in pots I think. They do die right off here and usually grow new leaves each year but there is no sign of a leaf yet. Too early maybe. Ginger, yours look fantastic. Mine do get sun but probably not enough now that the trees have grown.
Chrissy , I saw your sage on other page. I had it growing but after a few years it all died off. I think the water here has a lot to do with things slowly dying out. It has a bad taste so is most likely full of things we don't want to know about. We use tank water for drinking but the plants have to have the piped water.
I have about 7 different pentsemons here if anyone would like some cuttings. There is lilac, purple, burgundy, white, red, pink and a red & white.. They grow easily from pieces and make a great show every year. . My forsythia is also flowering and is so pretty.
I have lots of geraniums and climbing geraniums here too. I am only too happy to send cuttings. I have the climbing ones as ground covers in some places. Looks great and can cover a large space.
My fingers are cold here now so will sit by the fire until sun gets warmer. We had fog here but the frost stays off our hill thank goodness.
It gets quite white out in the paddocks but not right here , maybe all the trees I have planted keep it away.
Happy gardening all.