Photo by Melody

Coleus: New thread on New babies for Newbie!, 1 by jadajoy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jadajoy

In reply to: New thread on New babies for Newbie!

Forum: Coleus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New thread on New babies for Newbie!
jadajoy wrote:
Oh Traci

I am so glad you put on this show. It shows I am not the only one to have lost my mind over Coleus! We could trace the stages of addiction uh..attraction thru this thread alone. I was really LOL! I so wanted to show this to my friend ..but who would understand except us! I remember the babying and "emergency surguries" all too well when I tried to save every little piece. Just wait till next year when the nurseries sell them again...you will be in hog heaven and have so many you'll be giving them away like we do now. I just carried a box load to my neighbor who gave some to her friends and on and on and now we are thinking of starting our own local Coleus Club. ( I think I'm a bad influence:-)). This was a treat, especially You, the good DR. after surgery! Classic!

I dont have an exact temp to bring your babies indoors. They thrive at 60, so I'd say 50 too or when they start looking chilly :-) I can just look at them and tell when something isnt right. Keep an eye on the temps and if lowered temps are predicted some nights, I'd start moving them. When I think its time or when I bring mine in I'll let you know, so you can decide for your area. Auntie Janet is right, because they are babies they are probably more susceptible to the cold. Good luck with them and keep us posted!