Photo by Melody

Weather: August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August Daily Weather #III  Summer's winding down!!!
rannveig wrote:
Good morning :-)

It's cloudy, 53°F and fairly calm again today - pretty similar to yesterday morning. I hope it'll clear up again like yesterday - it was so nice to get some sunshine :-)

EB - WOW - gorgeous photos - both of them!!

Kiska - another wonderful photo ........ when I was a kid I always thought the reindeer moss was named that because it looks like antlers ......... maybe because there aren't any reindeer here munching on them ;-) lol There are 3 different kinds growing out in the lava fields here around the neighborhood - need to get some photos - it's so neat :-)

Sharon - wonderful clouds :-)

Joey - beautiful Hosta (?) bloom :-) Mine are also blooming now - which is not something that happens every year .......... they are just foliage plants here and when they decide to bloom it's just a very pleasant bonus :-) I've had one for 8 years that's now flowering for the first time .

Thanks everyone - it does look pretty cool.
EB - you're probably right - I haven't heard of any other places with active geysers at least. Is Old Faithful still living up to it's name??
Strokkur is the only active geyser in Iceland since big Geysir has "retired" - it's a shame really. I would have loved to see it erupt ....... It's HUGE compared to Strokkur. We're hoping that it will awake from slumber again some day ...... ;-) This is how it looks today.

Hope you all have a good one :-)

rannveig