Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Some pics of our summer BF Garden..., 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Some pics of our summer BF Garden...

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Some pics of our summer BF Garden...
tabasco wrote:
Hi, again, Betty---The Butterfly & Hummingbird Forum has lots of good "how to' info and wonderful photos, but from what I've seen of your lovely garden, you are pretty much 'good to go' on butterfly gardening already. Maybe some milkweed (annual and/or perennial) for the monarchs and some verbena bonarienses are all you may want to add for next summer and both are easy to start from seed.) Your little 'charges' will love all the butterflies and caterpillars to raise, too! And of course zinnias are always good.

If you have any specific questions about it, just post them on the Forum. There are some real experts here who are glad to give tips and share seeds, etc., and we need more butterfly gardeners on DG from our territory!

Thanks for your comments about my photos. Others on this forum have great gardens and take wonderful photos and should post more on the Photos Forum--I would post on the photos forum but I am just learning how to use the Digi Camera--and my garden's not that great--I did learn how to 'crop' out all the junk and weeds, etc., from the photos, though! (Important technique to learn! LOL)