Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Let's talk "Tithonias"?!?, 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Let's talk "Tithonias"?!?

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Let's talk "Tithonias"?!?
tabasco wrote:

Well, your Fiesta del Sol looks 'much better grown' than my pot full! You have loads of blooms on that! The monarchs must be in heaven!

Yes, in the pic my two look like two different colors--orange and red. I think one may be Fiesta del Sol (now that I see your pic) and the other maybe a 'runty' 'The Torch'. In real life they look color pretty much the same. That is a tithonia bloom from the pot in the thread lead-off photo. Most of my plants have to 'reach' for the sun (because of tree shade at different times of the day) so maybe that's why it has a long stem going sideways....

I was hoping someone was going to say that the hybridizers are working on some new colors and styles but I guess not....Al or MM--any ideas on this...?

When I sowed them I emptied two different old packets of tithonia--I recall 'the Torch' and 'Fiesta del Sol' as perhaps the names...one was supposed to be short and one tall, but they both look about the same height to me...

Another one--I hope it makes more blooms....and should have some nice zinnias or something planted in front of it. Next year I'll know better how to use it in the garden. Must have it--the monarchs are loving it...