Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Let's talk "Tithonias"?!?, 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Let's talk "Tithonias"?!?

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Let's talk "Tithonias"?!?
tabasco wrote:
Thanks for all the tips on seed sources--I was wondering about that yellow torch seed--maybe they changed the name to Aztec or ?.... I saw that tithonia was an AAS winner way back in 1952 and then again in 2000 something....must be a good plant but there doesn't seem to be much hibridizing going on with it....?

Common Swallowtail host plants include--Black Cherry, Birch, Poplar, Willow and a few others.

I was hoping others would post pics of their Mexican Sunflowers--mine doesn't seem to photograph well and I don't have it well-placed in the garden, either-- I should have planted some zinnias in front of it!

So this is a pic of two tithonias in a big pot (camoflaged in the sunny border). Now that I look at the pic the flowers look like two different colors of orange and I wonder if I have 2 kinds of tithonias in there. ..

I didn't wintersow them--I just put some seeds in the pot and started them that way....