Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: first attempt at growing hibiscus from seed, 1 by mqiq77

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mqiq77

In reply to: first attempt at growing hibiscus from seed

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of first attempt at growing hibiscus from seed
mqiq77 wrote:
Carolyn, Thank you for the info, and still without confederate rose, but Ella has one growing, and when I get a start, I'll have them for every place they could go.The pic of the "tease" that Ella put up doesn't look like a tropical not in the leaves anyway, but I really don't have a good enough look at it, and I think it is young too.
Ella, bulbs are a growing interest for me, and you can do many things with them, to include cutting them into as many peaces as you can, as long as you leave a part of the root hairs intack.Lillium is like eating an artichoke, you just peal and put in a starting medium, and trasplant the next year, from the medium to a deeper pot and by the third Yr. you have a mature bulb, and sometimes the second Yr.
Kim, if you live on that lake, you could rig up a complete misting system, that would be awsome.BTW, from the rooted cross vine you shared with me, I have 4 rooted, and growing, and the other clippings in my poor mans GH (see pic).I want to thank you again. Mike