Wildlife: Heidi: Just Hanging Out, Kids In Nursery, 1 by liebran

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright liebran

In reply to: Heidi: Just Hanging Out, Kids In Nursery

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi: Just Hanging Out, Kids In Nursery
liebran wrote:
Well, WE HAVE BABIES. They are soooo adorable. They didn't come out until after dark with their mother (probably Sadie). There were two adults and 4 little ones of a couple different sizes. Maggie was shocked, she didn't know who to chase away first, so everybody pretty much got to stay. I tried to watch them on the coon cam, but picture isn't very good--so would go out with the light and try to see them. The ones I did see--one little dark one and one regular one were sooo adorable with the little face, mask, tail and body. Then after we let the dogs out for their last potty, the kids left and haven't seen them back yet. Still is making me wonder when Maggie is going to bring kids?? She definitely is a female (checked it out with binoculars), but have seen no evidence of kits yet. Since she comes out before dark, I am not sure if she would wait until later to bring out kids or not. I would think the kits would get bored and just decide to follow Mom anyhow, one of these days.
Cheryl, I was kidding about the t-shirt on the raccoon. It was tongue in cheeck. After looking at those teeth, I don't think I could try that. She wouldn't let me near enough, anyhow.
If there was a big space in my last post, could be because I was falling asleep here and didn't catch it--sorry. Since our computer crash, I haven't been able to download any of my pics, but my husband worked onit, and I think I can send a pic of Maggie, finally. It may be big, so I hope it doesn't take up much bandwidth. He has a new editor and I haven't worked too well with it so far. I liked ACDeeC, but it crashed, too. If you can see her skin, it looks like she had an infection or disease and now the undercoat has grown back and some of the regular color is returning, but she is definitely one in the crowd you can pick out. OK, gotta get to bed here. Dr. sending me to PT tomorrow at 8am. Sigh. Night. Karen