Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Weather: June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!, 1 by pepper23

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pepper23

In reply to: June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!
pepper23 wrote:
We got over 6 inches of rain at work these last 2 days. We actually got flooded out in some areas. The island garden and the arbor were flooded when I left this morning. At the island the water was half-way up the wall when I left. Our roads were flooded in places and the lake was higher than I have ever seen it. For those of you who don't know, I work at a botanical garden. lol. Fun til bad weather hits. lol

I left about 10:45 this morning since I was losing my brakes on my golf cart, it was getting treacherous, and because I was so wet I was squishy and left water where ever i went. My jeans were so wet it wasn't funny. My boss kinda laughed when he saw me and let me go home. I was really happy cause I was also getting cold.

When I finally left I went to take the gravel road that would take me to the hwy and didn't get very far on there because it was flooded out really bad over by the bridge. I talked to some guys who were there then we all left and I went to take the hwy home. Well, I get by a major subdivison there called Oakshire and there was water over the road there. Luckily it wasn't bad enough I couldn't get thru. I just had to be careful. I made it thru there and there weren't anymore high water spots. It was a crazy day for everything around here.

Pic of the sun coming thru the trees. Taken at the lake.