Wildlife: Heidi: Just Hanging Out, Kids In Nursery, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi: Just Hanging Out, Kids In Nursery

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi: Just Hanging Out, Kids In Nursery
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Debbie, LOL! That's a very good characterization of her! It was funny because she was standing almost dead center of the pool, turning her head from side to side to snarl at anyone who got near from any direction - determined to get that extra 5 minutes no matter whose butt she had to kick. LOL.

Last night I took the camera out with me. I wanted to get photos of the raccoons in the pool. I ended up scrapping the idea, however, because the initial period of prolonged fear of the strange purple thing used up all of the available daylight and because once they started investigating the pool I didn't want to risk frightening them with camera flashes bouncing off the water. I will definitely take some pics of them in the pool very soon. Just wanted to let them get used to it first.

I did try to grab this pic of Heidi in the lower end of the pool. With all the comotion I couldn't get the IR light to work so I was pointing the camera blindly. I was lucky to get this much of Heidi in the picture since I couldn't see what I was doing. The series of flashes caused her to hop out of the pool - for a second that is. That's when I decided to stop trying to take pics for the evening.