Photo by Melody

Michigan Gardening: Is Datura, Devil's Trumpet, a perennial in Michigan?, 1 by WantabeGardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WantabeGardener

In reply to: Is Datura, Devil's Trumpet, a perennial in Michigan?

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Is Datura, Devil's Trumpet, a perennial in Michigan?
WantabeGardener wrote:
Morning ....Glenda....

Datura are not hardy here...use them as a annual...and they are not evasive Just pot them up in a big pot..and put them in a place where they get some sun and some shade. They will get about 4-5 feet high..and they will bloom this year..maybe...July..? They come in all colors...and singles and doubles and even triples...When each bloom is done..leave on the plant...and it will dry there..Before..it burst open..when it is dry..watch for the line on the picky seed...hehehe...then pick..and leave to dry some more..and pick the seeds out..and then...you have some seeds for next year..I start my seeds in the house..under lights..say...late Jan..or Feb...and wa-la....more Datura's for next year..you can also trade seeds with them...I like the triple yellow...lol...and the lavender swirl....they are so pretty...I like to put them in pots...so I can move them..if they are in too much sun....You will enjoy them...Just my two cents...

Smiles..Diana