Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Watch '07

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Watch '07
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Ruth,

The newest bully in town is Ms Sassy - I mean Ms Heidi.

Last night a minute or two after Heidi left, I heard a very brief squabble in the edge of the forest. Even before he emerged atop the fence, I knew HRH had arrived. The thing I wasn't at all sure about was whether the sound was HRH "attacking" Heidi or vice versa. That's how surly she has become.

Last night I had her lined up nicely in my viewfinder but ended up with a photo of the tip of her tail because the instant before I snapped the pic she tore out after Trouble chasing him some 5 ft across the lawn and all the way back to the fence - and he RAN too. Nothing wimpy about our girl Heidi! She is suddenly a force to be reckoned with! Tonight she told HRH were to go...and he went, too!

Maybe we worried too soon. You know what they always say about how the worst creature to mess with is usually the female with babies. Even with bears it seems most of the serious attacks are to people who accidently stumbled upon a mother bear who thinks her cubs are being threatened.

For the past 2 days at least, status in my backyard habitat has shifted. HRH has been dethroned. Now everybody is walking on tip toes around Ms Puggy (and you know I kid her with love - and because she can't hear me).