Wildlife: Heidi Watch '07, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Watch '07

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Watch '07
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Ruth -- so sorry to hear about your tree. mine was just a bad day/week that will pass and soon be forgotten. it will take much longer for your tree to replace the top growth. very sorry. translator, I like that. tonight she did it again. there were numerous sounds that attracted her attention but only one (of those for which i did not reassure her automatically) to which she looked to me for an interpretation. i think it was a more unique and unusual sound, one she maybe couldn't figure out on her own based on past experience.
btw, the dog food from pet sage arrived today. wow that was fast. I think i just ordered it mon or tues. widget only had about 2c of food left (or less) when i ordered it so i was wondering what i was going to do while waiting. he loves it. he took one piece of kibble and ran off with it. he only does that when he thinks he's really got something special. later as i gave him more, he danced on his hind legs for it. he doesn't do that for most treats.later when I was filling his bowl with it he turned his head sideways - you know, like very confused. he thought it was a very special treat like the dried liver. he only get one or 2 pieces of that, not a bowl full.
Terese -- i really think she has developed considerable trust for me, and that makes me very happy.
Marylyn -- thank you! :) today wasn't much better. had to drive 54 miles to another town to get the rental car in to the place where i work - late again. 2 hrs later the dealership called to say my car was ready...needless to say i didn't get much work done or many hours in...the good news, however, my car is going to live and the bill was only $500 and that included a few other minor unrelated things like changing oil, etc. looks like i stopped the car before the engine was damaged. whew!

tonight i am determined to get to bed asap. i still have one more chance to get to work on time one day this week.

tonight i got some pics of everybody! they aren't great. as i mentioned before my camera is on the fritz - and i'm not too great at night pics anyhow. but it's a start. if nothing else (1) i get to show you hrh, (2) everybody got a chance to get comfortable with the scarey camera sounds, ir red light, flashes, etc, and (3) i think the following pic pretty much puts to rest any questions about Heidi's impending maternity. (Quite the butterball, huh? And doesn't she even look a bit testy? Cranky? Sassy? I think she's even a bit puffy. It's getting harder to recognize her.Tonight when she was leaving, she walked like a duck. you know how there butts point to the left and then to the right and ...)

i'll have to save the rest of tonight's raccoon news and pics for tomorrow.