Wildlife: Heidi Watch '07, 1 by liebran

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright liebran

In reply to: Heidi Watch '07

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Watch '07
liebran wrote:
I am calling the one that comes to the tree next to the house "Little One" since she is so young. Last night she was back. She will stay and look at me awhile before she hides from the light. But when I went out to put out her food, she ran way up the tree. But she always comes down when I go in the house. Last night I got my husband to see her. He says "Oh, she's a young one." So MAYBE tonight, if I wait long enough, get my husband with the camera, we can surprise her with the light and he can get her picture. We'll have to see. Our darn camera waits a few seconds before flashing and she may have time to hide.
Well, the turkeys are back, second time this morning. Everyone looking for food these days. The squirrels knocked off the feeding bowl onto the porch, so I have to go clean it up before the dogs go out--or they will gobble the seeds and poop seeds for days. Never a dull moment with wild and tame animals!! Life would be boring without them. Start getting pics of your birds at the feeders, I'd like to start a thread with that, as soon as I crop a bunch of mine. Karen