Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Weather: Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather # II, 1 by BloomsWithaView

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BloomsWithaView

In reply to: Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather # II

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather # II
BloomsWithaView wrote:
It's one of those ''we'll see'' sort of scenarios. Despite the obvious dry trend our town fathers continue to encourage unlimited development. The open areas disappear, orchards, pastures, and alfalfa fields are all gone. What I can't figure out is what the people moving in are doing to make a living. We have absolutely no industry here. Just tourism. And I just don't see it supporting everybody, and how many folks can really work from home on the internet??

The irrigation water relies on winter snow and creeks running. A lack of snow and rainfall definitely affects that. The town's water is drawn from a deep water source that has thus far stood up to the increased usage. But when you figure in that historically there were still glaciers on the LaSal mtns when the first settlers came here - ya gotta figure that the source is not limitless.

How's that for a PC way of saying I think the town fathers are wrong. IMHO However, the realtors and developers are loving it. Here's my apricot tree just loaded with blossoms.