Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Growing from seed, 1 by debnes_dfw_tx

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright debnes_dfw_tx

In reply to: Growing from seed

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Growing from seed
debnes_dfw_tx wrote:
So glad to see Spring coming!! Nice to come up for air and see all of you here too! I have been tenaciously tending seedlings myself. Most are coming up, some I am still waiting on. I have transplanted some of the Red Zinnia and Italian ice Sunflowers and a few other things already. The Moonvines I re-sowed are coming up. The Yarrow and Red Hot Pokers are coming up good too. A total of about 60 different things from seed this year... We shall see!
I have 3 different Cassias which are all coming up. I have lots of Salvia Splendens with true leaves and are getting quite fluffy. Next week I should be able to put a lot more of the seedlings out in the beds as I have been taking them out every day to harden them off.

WTG Roxanne!! You got a pop up!! Your gonna love it!

Paige I would give the Pipevine more time...And if you want to start over there is still time to try this. Get a small pot or 2 and fill with soil. Bury a seed or 2 on each pot about 1/8-1/4" and water in well. Cover it or place in a large bag with the zipper open a bit, and put them in the fridge for about 1 month. Then take them out and expose to light and keep them moist. Seems a lot of seeds do better when they are cold stratified. They should come up. If you need any A. tomentosa just send me a SASBE, I have plenty still.