Photo by Melody

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: What Is Your Heart's Desire?, 1 by Depsi

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Depsi

In reply to: What Is Your Heart's Desire?

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What Is Your Heart's Desire?
Depsi wrote:
When we live in CA I grew one without knowing a thing about it.....this is how I've done plants most of my life...like the look, buy the plant & just kinda go by my gut....My maternal Grama & numbers of my aunts had green thumbs so guess I got alittle bit of their blessing....anyway, I'm enclosing a pic of the stapeliad I had in Sacramento from when I first started growing it until we left CA....my husband & I called it the "Dog Butt" cactus cause when it was in bloom our male Boston Terrier would just bury his nose in it for minutes at a time....Bob & I knew nothing about it except it stunk especially toward the late afternoon/early evening....you couldn't go over to that part of the patio because of it....one day our neighbor asked us if we had something dead on our side of the fence.....I was a church secretary in Elk Grove where we lived and I took one of the blooms in and had it on my desk to show the other secretaries cause no one believed me how bad it smelled & one of the ladies from the Service Circle came in and picked it up and just took a big sniff!!!!!!!! she never did let me live that down......I have had one bloom on the one I have now & it sits on an east facing window sill....I pulled the curtain shut one afternoon while it was in bloom and you almost had to leave the room when I opened it up!!!!!!!!! but they flat intrique me and I just love the complete look of them....