Accessible Gardening: spinal surgery, 1 by Tplant

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tplant

In reply to: spinal surgery

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of spinal surgery
Tplant wrote:
missgarney ---- I am a male 69yrs and suffer similiar complications plus post polio syndrome. I can not dirt farm which means I can not get down on the ground. A few years ago I found http://www.earthbox.com and purchased three EBs(earthboxes) and discovered,again, the joy of gardening. My son lifted the potting mix for me and I scooped it out of the sack and set everything up. I also use the garden scooter from Gardeners Supply. With the height of the EBs plus sitting on the scooter I was back to my original self only far better as the EBs gave me far more beautiful plants without weeding, fertilizing only once per season and watering through a fill tube.
There are many ways to garden with this system. Only a lack of imagination would stop a gardener and gardeners do not have that problem. Go over to the Tomato or Container Garden and look me up. You will have to search aways in the container forum to find earthbox related subjects as most are off season at this time. This is an old picture of my new tomato garden. Since then I've learned different ways and still learning new ways to garden with hanging baskets and such. You can see my garden scooter. Without it I can not do anything! I have grown melons, marigolds etc all kinds of good stuff. If it can be grown in the ground it can be grown in EBS.