Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Weather: December's Daily Weather, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: December's Daily Weather

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December's Daily Weather
rannveig wrote:
Good morning all!

It's 31°F, calm and mostly cloudy as far as I can tell.

EB - your photos are so awesome! Love the snow photo! Shoveling snow is no fun and not to be tried in howling winds ;-) Hope things calm down soon for you and others in that area (Joey and Darius!!)

Joey - so nice to see you finally! What a great bunch you were traveling with! :-) I've never attempted going out to photograph the snow in the dark - especially in howling winds! lol If the wind's howling - I stay inside! I'd use a tripod to photograph anything in the dark ..... but with howling winds I think it would blow over - so it would be better on a still night ;-)
Sharon - I'd rather shovel snow in the cold than sand in 90°F/100% humidity anyday!!!!!! I still remember the stifling heat ..... when you're shoveling snow you get pretty warm from the work - out!! I take my hat off (if I had one) to you hot zoners to be able to do ANYTHING in those 80+ temps ....... gardening is often hard work and I'd find it impossible in that kind of heat!! I guess I'm a heat wimp ;-) lol Love the cat pix ;-) Silvester makes a very nice present !

Kiska - lovely photos! I guess Alaska will be following the shuttle launch since you have "one of your own" on it :-)

Joey - look! - we have the same kind of lights on the house!

Just took this a few minutes ago - just before 10 am ... the photo is a bit brighter than it actually is outside (used a tripod ;-)) but the sky is starting to turn a blue color :-) Sunrise won't be for another hour at 11:03 and sunset will be at 3:36 ...... which is only 3 min less than yesterday - so things are finally slowing down :-)