Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: What to Plant in Front of Black Beauty Elderberry?, 1 by lincolnitess

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lincolnitess

In reply to: What to Plant in Front of Black Beauty Elderberry?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What to Plant in Front of Black Beauty Elderberry?
lincolnitess wrote:
This is a photo I took last spring before things started to grow much, but you can see the herbaceous part of my garden is pretty well taken care of. The bushes you can see in this photo are some snowberries that I dug up this fall. I never liked them much and they were getting old and shaggy. That is where the Elderberies are now. I am also getting rid of the compost bin and will be filling that in with some type of shrub also for privacy. The tree you can see behind the snowberries in in my neighbors yard and not right over the shrubs. The back of the garage faces South West. Looking at these photos, it's possible that when the elderberries are full grown, I may not need anything else in front of them. With them being so small now, there just seems to be a lot of room there now that the snowberries are gone. It's good to know we have a good place here in NE for viburnums. I have never heard of them. Thanks again for all the ideas.

Susan