Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Flowering dogwood question..., 1 by snapple45

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright snapple45

In reply to: Flowering dogwood question...

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowering dogwood question...
snapple45 wrote:
I, too, don't wish to hijack a thread. Just give me the word and I'll scram. I will post a series of pictures. This is the garden at six years. Sould be finished next planting season. If you could look from the top down, the path into the garden starts up one side, going south and connects with a path running east -west. At the east end is an arbor, the west end is the pond (2000 gal) The pond has 9 koi ranging in size from 10 inches to over 20 inches and an assortment of goldfish. In the middle of the garden is a large canadian hemlock and two Fraser firs. They and two old oaks provide the backbone of the shade garden. The pagoda was a Christmas present. I nearly dropped dead. The gunnera leaf fountain I built myself with stuff that was kinda scrounged up. The plants really are the usual suspects: Picea abies 'Pendula', Malus 'Sargent Tina', Liriope, Festuca, assorted Iris, Hemerocallis, Hosta, Sedums, foxgloves, astilbes, Stachys, Pulmonaria,Tiarella, heuchera, peonies, and phlox. There is an Acer palmatum 'Ever Red' Picea orinetalis 'Skylands', Ilex crenata 'Sky Pencil' Ilex x meserveae 'China Girl', Azalea 'Northern Lights' Cornus kousa 'China Girl', Azaleas' Exbury - gold, white and pink, Pinus strobus 'Pendula', Juniperus X media 'Old Gold', Viburnum lantana 'Variegata', Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' Caragena arborescens 'Pendula', Enkianthus campanulatus, Berberis thunbergii, 'Monlers Golden Nugget' and 'Helmond Pillar', Clematis tangutica 'Golden Tiara', Clematis 'Multi-Blue', Celmatis 'General Sikorski' Cornus florida 'Cherokee Chief', Matteuccia struthiopteris, Athyrium filifx-femina 'Frizelliae' (a favorite), tree peonies High Noon, Shintenchi (and a deep red whose cultivar name I have regretfully lost) and three hardy common rhodies. Whew, wore out my Latin typing fingers, both of em.