Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: butterfly bushes, 1 by JanLynn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JanLynn

In reply to: butterfly bushes

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of butterfly bushes
JanLynn wrote:
What a wonderful story! I was really broken up for a long time---just recently I've been able to talk about my lost babies (without breaking down). When I met my DH 9 years ago he had 2 beagles and I had the 4 kittys (2 sets of litter mates). I wasn't a "dog person" and he wasn't a "cat person" but, we fell in love and married and he came to love the kittys and vice versa.

Georgie (Maine Coon) had to have insulin injections 2X daily. He was really good with that cause he knew he'd get a special treat after. He was the sweetest kitty and became my DH's best buddy. G would go camping with us and he and "the girls" (our special names for our girl beagles) got along really well.

Misty, G's litter mate brother, was part Blue Russian, had the extra toes and would talk to us when he would jump on our shoulder(s) for 'loving'. M liked to lay in the bathroom sink while I would get ready for work.

CeCe, as I had mentioned, was our only girl kitty and the littlest 'creature' in the family but had the biggest attitude (part siamese with pretty blue eyes). She was known as the "Queen Bee" :) Now, Dusty, her litter mate brother, is an 'only' kitty.

We don't have the 'original' beagles but we do have 2 'new' beagle girls, Molly, 6 yrs (adopted at 8 mos.) and Maggie, 5 1/2 yrs. Maggie, adopted at 6 wks., was my very first puppy experience (..."PUPPY LOVE" BIG TIME!!!...).

I know this is OT (on this forum) but here's a pix of my girls and then...back to "plant" talk :)
Molly is "top", Maggie "bottom":