Photo by Melody

Wildlife: OMG - They're All Back!!! Welcome Home, Heidi!, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: OMG - They're All Back!!! Welcome Home, Heidi!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of OMG - They're All Back!!!    Welcome Home, Heidi!
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Thanks, Debbie. I have that Snow White thing, too, as you can see. The dog food and biscuits are balanced with vitamins (for dogs). I keep 2 birdbaths, 1 at ground level and 1 at normal level full of clean water back near the fence. They drink from both of them. I've given them a lot of watermelon, even a few whole melons, a whole honeydew, plums, nectarines, peaches, a whole bag of red grapes (after seeing Trouble eating the wild grapes), fresh and dried corn on the cob, a few apples.

Also, I grow a lot of fruits, berries, and veggies in the back yard cottage garden. I never get any of the fruits and berries and few of the veggies. The critters and birds eat them. The raccoons ate all of the green tomatoes (I didn't know but read that they love them), along with all of the green peaches from the peach tree that I espaliered on the fence (so that it's easier to raid), all of the apples from the columnar apple trees, all of the blueberries, all of the figs (the fig bush is back near the fence and sheltered by other plants. The last few years I never see a fig), etc. Something ate all of the strawberries. When they were young I saw the kids climb the columnar maypole crabapple on the patio and taste the tart fruit. The next night they returned to eat them. I also have 4 regular size crabapple trees. Between them and the birds, all of the fruit gets eaten. Oh, and I have sand cherries - also eaten. And a couple of cultivated grape vines - also eaten. Yep, I think they get a fair amount of fruit. I'm the one who doesn't get any fruit. : )

Here is the evidence on the crabapples.