Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Mystery Troublemaker, 1 by Lilypon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lilypon

In reply to: Mystery Troublemaker

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mystery Troublemaker
Lilypon wrote:
Kristy your soil is pretty similar to what we have here.......I actually kick my sandals off and work in the garden barefoot since it's so much easier to wash the layers off them. Like your vine but I think you are going to have to plant a *little* bit more. ;)

I think many believe we have snow year round ;) but we were 90 F two days ago when the above pic was taken......last year we only had 2 or 3 snowfalls and they didn't amount to much (about 3"). It stayed around the unheard of high of 0 degrees F for 7/8's of the previous winter. We actually had more rain then snow last year?!?!? Crops are ripening up here now so golden hues are now the predominate colour (the veggie patches are an oasis of green however :). You spelt Saskatchewan correctly BTW but would love to hear you pronounce it (when we cross the border we see peeps eyeing our licence plate and getting pretty tongue tied ;).

Pics from Northern Saskatchewan (11 driving hours north of my location): http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/519711/ Even tho it is getting a little closer to the northern tundra summer heat does eventually arrive there as well. Years ago I lived in Inuvik, NWT (above the arctic circle) and very close to Tuktoyaktuk and the arctic ocean and even there it can hit the mid 70's come summer (with mosquitoes that are downright nasty).
Pam

We are even growing watermelon, canteloupe and honey dew melons up here this year......