Mid-South Gardening: I wish you were here, 1 by picabo

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright picabo

In reply to: I wish you were here

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I wish you were here
picabo wrote:
Just deb...Please come...I have a pitcher of tea on the table, Margaritas in the fridge, we can sit and breathe in the night air all evening. It is sooo peaceful at night. Not a sound except the tree frogs and other creatures of the night. Way off in the distance I often hear a train, and an occasional car down on the road in front of the house. I have been here most of my life and will be hard to ever leave.

Karen... It does look like a Datura, but definitely a Brug. no mistaking the fragrance. I have several of the single, double and triple Daturas in white, yellow and purple. Making lots of seeds to share this fall. Don't you need some seeds or cuttings? You are so close to me. Here is a Logees link showing a better picture of the flower. http://logees.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R1112-4. Mine is so small the flowers are almost on the ground when they open. LOL

I can do better than give you a picture of the NBC, I have some nice plants that would like a home if you have a way to winter a big plant. They are too big to ship. But I can send cuttings if anyone wants one.

Here is a picture of the NBC that I made earlier, not at this flush. For some reason the flowers were still open in the morning. Usually they fade before daylight. Gave me a good chance for some pictures.

Betty