Palms and Cycads: What is wrong with my palm>?, 1 by xcrytonx

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright xcrytonx

Subject: What is wrong with my palm>?

Forum: Palms and Cycads

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What is wrong with my palm>?
xcrytonx wrote:
I bought this palm out of someones yard, when I saw it I had to have it. It was infront of a historic home and after speaking with the people they said it had been there for the 35 years they had been there and really had not grew much in all that time. Is this a jelly palm or what? It was in the shade and against a house, the leaves were long and kind of bent but did not have sefinate curve to them.
My dad and I after one heck of a time finaly got it into my back yard and planted, that was 5 months ago now. Couple wierd things though...
First it has grown, really grown. I thought it would die back a little or something but in the time at my house it has grown so much it is all new growth, it has none of the fonds left from when we moved it. Thought that was odd.

Second, the leaves are shaped wierd, they have a "Z" shape at the end. Again the people I bought it from said it had always been like that as long as they had lived there. I tried to take some ictures of it, any comments? Does my tree have a birth defect or something?