Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Tropical Fruits: Atemoyas, 1 by Ncasselberryfla

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Ncasselberryfla

Subject: Atemoyas

Forum: Tropical Fruits

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Atemoyas
Ncasselberryfla wrote:
I have a atemoya tree---about 14-16 feet tall. I plant on moving soon and was wondering if it is possible to take it with me?
It is 5 years old as far as being here, though I imagine it was at least a year or so when I got it in its original 3 gallon container t the annual Melbourne Rare Fruit Sale in 2001. This is the first year it has produced a heavy crop--it is absolutely LOADED. I live in Zone 9B north of Orlando in Seminole County. and fnd this tree takes our occasional freezes pretty well, with only tip damage and rebounds very fast. I have it growing close to the house, and would like to plant it in a similar location in my new place, which is also in the same Zone---just 12 miles away. Is it possibly to move this tree as I can't stand the thought of starting over again with a small tree and waiting another 5 years. If not a good idea, is there somewhere close to the Orlando area where I could purchase a large atemoya tree? A least 15-25 gallon size--bigger if possible. My variety is Geffner, and the fruits are absolutely delicious,