Photo by Melody

Perennials: Perennials in the garden setting: Show us your pics!, 1 by mickgene

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mickgene

In reply to: Perennials in the garden setting: Show us your pics!

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Perennials in the garden setting: Show us your pics!
mickgene wrote:
Many great new pics here since I last looked.

tabasco, I still remember your butterfly garden pics from last year and have tried to emulate that more this year with some rearrangements. So if you get tired of your new arrangement after you re-do it, you're welcome in my garden! I'd be happy to have your butterfly garden anytime. My front bed was teeming with them yesterday after the rains stopped. It was the first day I've had more than a couple.

southernOhio, I, too love weigelas for the same reasons. Despite the only 2 weeks or so of good blooming, they are so spectacular when in bloom and smell so sweet that I just keep looking for places to add more of the newer varieties. Love your sweeping borders.

Andy, how long since you planted that 'Polish Spirit?' It's been on my list for a while but keeps being moved away from the top. It may be time to move it to the head of the line after seeing your beautiful specimen.

Sherry, are you ever without that riot of color? I'd love to have your garden in my neighborhood and see it always evolving.

Everything here has greened up a little more since the deluge started and I'm happy to finally see the beginnings of the rearrangement I did in my front bed this spring. Here's the spot along the fron walk with Monarda 'Marshall's Delight,' a Crimson Queen Japanese maple, Gaura 'Pink Fountains,' and many new daylilies that are not quite ready to put on a show yet or have only a couple of buds for their first year. There used to be loads more echinacea, which have been thinned out, and the best daylily blooms you see are on Little Grapette, which has been in this bed for years. A Teasing Georgia rose is in the center of the bed, and provides a splash of yellow in an otherwise pink/plum bed.