Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Weeping Norway Spruce with WHITE or CREAM new growth????, 1 by conifers

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright conifers

In reply to: Weeping Norway Spruce with WHITE or CREAM new growth????

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Weeping Norway Spruce with WHITE or CREAM new growth????
conifers wrote:
The VW Van got cookin' - I think I hit 45 miles an hour somewhere along the journey. Interestingly so, I arrived home to find an Acer palmatum 'Omurayama' at my door. 10 gallon. I couldn't afford the gas and my stove ran out of propane somewhere in Indiana and I was left alone with 40 loaves of bread and 30 packages of Kraft American Singles. I figured if I could only get there, I could sell enough bracelets and incense after I ran out of money from the grilled cheese sandwiches in exhange for a couple of those beauties. Once again, all I ended up with was a ticket for a valid license plate and sticker, but for driving the correct vehicle. Same old story, just another day in the life of a VW Van Pimp!

There is a cultivar that is a sport of Picea abies 'Pendula' shown in 'Conifers the Illustrated Encyclopedia' called: Picea abies 'Pendula' (variegated form). "A mutant with yellow new shoots that later turn green. Found by Jean Iseli, Boring, Oregon, U.S.A., and not yet named."

It should be an exceptional plant and if given a lot of room and a lot of years (grows 1 foot a year), it will look like this someday, but have the variegated new spring flush.

Picea abies 'Pendula' - Gotelli Collection, US National Arboretum May 2006:

"Don't forget to wave!" - I'm in a Brown and Tan Bus!

Dax