Japanese Maples: Trip to a local nursery, 1 by largosmom

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright largosmom

Subject: Trip to a local nursery

Forum: Japanese Maples

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Trip to a local nursery
largosmom wrote:
Hi all, I had a nice time going to a large local nursery, and "Brent and Becky's Bulbs" yesterday. It will take awhile to post the pics, but if you watch this thread today, as I get time I'll be posting the best pics. I don't know if it is OK to post their name, so will do so later if you are interested. I live in Southern Virginia, in an area called "Hampton Roads", and it is one of the larger nurseries in the area with two locations. Yesterday, I went to their Virginia Beach location, and WoW, they must have had at least a hundred varieties of maples there. I managed to snap a few pics before the skies opened up and it started to pour rain. Same thing happened at the Bulb Shoppe earlier in the day, oh, well!

Here we go! Sorry about the pic sizes, but some will be quite large...warning to the dial-up folks out there.

Group of larger Acer Shirasawanum Aurerm "Full Moon" maples waiting for new homes. With their bases, they stand about 5 to 5 1/2 feet tall, so they are about 4 feet tall so far.