Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Bulbs: Spring Bulbs - pictures & discussion: Part VI, 1 by kbaumle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kbaumle

In reply to: Spring Bulbs - pictures & discussion: Part VI

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring Bulbs - pictures & discussion: Part VI
kbaumle wrote:
Ohhhhh, Kenton, there are those violas or were they pansies? again!!!!!!!! I just love those! And love your rock garden PERIOD.

That 'random' area was redone last fall, thus the working up of the soil and disturbing the bulbs buried way down there. For several years, I grew a very colorful mix of cosmos and zinnias there. It was great, because there is a window right there and when you were in the family room looking out, it was just a lovely sight. (See pic of one of the zinnias below.)

Then several years ago, I wanted a change, and I planted white daisies. Again, lovely view of one of very favorite flowers.

Last fall, I moved some of the daisies, leaving them toward the front of the bed, planted bulbs of some sort (can't remember what....they aren't blooming yet, so it will be a surprise), and at the back I planted kniphofia. Now you know why I was trying to move the chionodoxa. LOL.