Photo by Melody

Wildlife: Hello! Time to put up your Bluebird Boxes!, 1 by lilyfantn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lilyfantn

In reply to: Hello! Time to put up your Bluebird Boxes!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hello! Time to put up your Bluebird Boxes!
lilyfantn wrote:
Hi all! I have two bluebird boxes in my not quite half an acre yard. One is in the back yard and one is in the front. The one in the back yard has a chickadee nest in it. The one in the front yard has recently been taken by a pair of bluebirds. The funny thing is that the most popular house in the past was one my elderly neighbor attached to our mutual electric pole between our yards. It was attached too high and was never taken down and cleaned. It wasn't even an official bb house but they loved it! The electric company made her take it down though a few years ago. I am thinking of adding two more boxes, one in front and back yard on opposing sides. I have occasionally seen tree swallows checking them out too.

Anyway, here is a series of pictures I took two days ago with a new telephoto lens I got this past Christmas from DH. You will be able to appreciate how techhnologically impaired I am by the end of the series of shots. (lol)

At first the male would sit on the cross bar at the top of the house and twitter for his mate to come and check it out.