Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Southwest Gardening: A Survey, 1 by franj

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright franj

In reply to: A Survey

Forum: Southwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Survey
franj wrote:
Greetings desert dwellers :-)

I just joined Daves recently and though I'm mainly a cacti and succulent gardener and have mainly posted on that forum I thought I should check this one out too. This looked like the perfect thread to introduce myself on.

I'm 46 and have enjoyed getting my hands in dirt since I was just a little guy helping my Grand Mom in her garden. She also cultivated my interest in C & S. Every few years she and Grandpa would vacation in the Southwest and she always brought back a cacti or two. She raised them on her back porch in New Jersey.

Am I a junkie? Oh yeah! I'm going stir crazy waiting for spring. I'll copy a recent post of mine over at the C & S Forum called "Halfway through winter and losing it!"

Hello all,

Are any of you Northern Hemisphere C & S gardeners going crazy like I am? I can't wait to get my hands in some soil that doesn't come out of a bag! Cant spring get here any sooner? I've got gardening to do!

Every night I come home from work and go out in the greenhouse. OK what needs water? What can I repot this time of year. What can I take a picture of? Aaaargh!

It's worse this year than any other. I really let the addiction grab hold of me this season and I'm scared. I don't want to have to go to that place. You know, that place where you you stand up in front of a bunch of strangers with tears in your eyes and say:

"Hello, my name is Dave and I'm a cactaholic. Help me please!"

Sorry, I'm in one of those weird moods today. Maybe I'll just fill the tub with dirt tonight and get in. Probably make me feel all better :-)

ROFLOL,
Franj
(Dave Franges)
Tucson, AZ