Photo by Melody

Greenhouse: How did you secure your GH?, 1 by Horseshoe

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Horseshoe

In reply to: How did you secure your GH?

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How did you secure your GH?
Horseshoe wrote:
Yep...way too expensive going that route, eh?

As for the tie downs, be they the auger "screw down" type or pipes in the ground, the plastic doesn't attach to those. You need to put down a baseboard along the bottom of each side (usually a 2 x 6 treated lumber) and the plastic attaches to the baseboard, not the tiedowns.

And yes, it would be much easier to knock in some rebar (or bigger piece of pipe as I mentioned above) than risk trying to screw in an auger anchor and running into a buried tree. (As for the settling of your land, I bet when they buried those trees they backfilled them with dirt and then drove over and over the ground to compact it down. Those bulldozers weigh so much I'm sure you have settled ground.)

Darrell, can you go to their website and and show us which g-house they are selling you? Or are they selling you a new one, or one they no longer want?

Here is an inside few of one of my g-house hoops, in the ground, and showing the 2x6 lumber running the length of the greenhouse as the baseboard; the plastic being attached to the baseboard. I'll try to find some more definitive pics for you.