Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JerryGryniewicz

In reply to: What post where?

Forum: General Discussion & Chat

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What post where?
JerryGryniewicz wrote:
Terry,

Is there a place where member gardeners who create garden related products can talk about it?

I'm a bit reluctant to ask, but garden art whether it enhances the look of your garden's ambiance or that of the walls of your home is it a topic allowed at DG?

The reason I ask is that this past summer I was in a place that sells my floral prints. I was introduced by the owners to a young girl that was making the purchase of one of my floral pieces.

She told me that her grandfather was a life long flower gardener whose passion was sunflowers. She also said that in the past year he no longer had the strength to garden and the print she was purchasing would make his birthday so very special.

When I heard this, I got the same wonderful feeling I used to get when friends and family would smile as they strolled through my South Burlington flower garden.

Where would I post this type of conversation without being out of place or breaking any DG rules?

I guess after being gone for the past two years and just renewing my membership today, it is best I get some of this question out of the way.

Also my personal website which has my floral artwork also has my photography of Vermont foliage. Would it be considered off-topic because of this or are trees ok even if I did not grow them and only recorded their beauty?

Because my site offers the possibility of making a purchase, that is if one looks hard enough, is it still ok? Please look and let me know the answers to these questions.

http://www.jerrygryniewicz.net

The piece called "Three Suns Of We" is the one the young girl gave to her grandfather.

Good to be back,
Jerry Gryniewicz