Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: I'm probably going to get teased for posting this but..., 1 by shortleaf2005

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf2005

In reply to: I'm probably going to get teased for posting this but...

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I'm probably going to get teased for posting this but...
shortleaf2005 wrote:
Ha! Yes, back when I put that Cedar in the McDonalds cup, I was jobless. That cup must've been looking pretty good for plants then. I have probably near a thousand empty cups (and lids) saved up, waiting for seedlings. Sonic cups, Subway cups, 7-11 cups, I don't discriminate!
If you'd like to see cups, see the below photo! That banana (Musa basjoo) tree didn't like something, it is the brown one. I have the receipts to all those, I'll get my 8 dollars back on it. It wasn't for lack of water, I water them all regularly. I will keep watering them, even the brown one, it might not be all the way dead.

Yes, Equil, that is the one, UPC code and all! It is in good company, it is next to Dirr's The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation.
I'll wait and see if the author of the book sees this and chimes in before I disclose what the book is. If anyone knows what it is, feel free to tell.

A "closet gear-head" hehe! Well, not much anymore. Though, I used to own and restore classic muscle cars. My favorite was a 1970 Barracuda!

Ok, I confess, the Cedar tree was one of my first fascinations with tree seedlings. I have one that started out several years ago in a milk -jug and now it is in a 15 gallon black plastic nursery pot! They have got to be one of the most hardy seedlings that I've ever seen. They survive cold winters in cups!