Florida Gardening: S Fl Galloping Gardeners 9/1/05, 1 by artcons

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright artcons

In reply to: S Fl Galloping Gardeners 9/1/05

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of S Fl Galloping Gardeners 9/1/05
artcons wrote:
Visiting early this morning so I can get out there when it's light to finish my clean up. Last chance to get out all the trash left over from the storm. It's bulk trash pick up day. They get here early.

Molly, if you have the time, would you look up the information you said you had on "creatures" or "figures" made from "boot jacks" of Sable Palms. My largest Sable palm is about ready to begin yielding the boot jacks and having something creative to do with them would be nice.

Sylvain, on weeds, I have given weeds from my yard to the girls. When they bloom I will send up a picture. They have a dainty red flower that resembles a miniature pointsetta. I also have growing in my yard Shepherd's Needles or Butterfly Needles, a weed that my small butterflies love, especially during the winter months when there is not much else in bloom. I have patches of the butterfly needles around the yard for the butterflies. During the summer months I keep them cut back, but in the winter I let them grow everywhere they pop up. Here is a picture of a Butterfly Needles bush.

Back later on.
Art