Perennials: If you plant this, you'll regret it, 1 by Zuzu

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Zuzu

In reply to: If you plant this, you'll regret it

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of If you plant this, you'll regret it
Zuzu wrote:
I grow everything under the black walnut. Among other things, I have two apple trees, a pear tree, several different kinds of rose of sharon, kerria, weigela, dogwood, and buddleia. Hundreds of azaleas, camellias, rhododendrons, gardenias, Japanese anemones, primulas, begonias, geraniums, pelargoniums, thalictrums, fuchsias, filipendulas, and astilbes. Lots of different kinds of lobelia and campanula. Wisteria, solanum, lapageria, clematis, plumbago, and passiflora vines. Many roses--climbers, hybrid teas, floribundas, David Austins, and rugosas. Lots of hosta, polemonium, brunnera, melianthus, omphaloides, impatiens, iris -- bearded, Siberian, and walking--and even some orchids, cannas, and dahlias. All of them grow perfectly there, with no problems at all.

I don't have many wide-angle pictures of the area, because I didn't get my camera until April, and it's mainly an azalea, rhodie, and camellia area, which doesn't really have a lot of blooms after April. Here's one that shows a part of it, but not much is in bloom now. I think you can make out the pears on the tree, though. I took the picture when the sun was setting, and I was in a rush.