Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Liatris? Does Anyone grow them?!, 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Liatris? Does Anyone grow them?!

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Liatris?  Does Anyone grow them?!
tabasco wrote:
Well, I love Liatris, too, and I can't understand why everbody who grows coneflowers and daisies and the like for a summer garden doesn't put in a few liatris. They are like 'no dollars' at HD at the bulb closeouts and you just stick them in the ground an inch or two below the surface *and* then they Multiply.

Now, pins knows my other 'curiosity' flower that I'm wanting to add to my summer garden is 'knifophia'--here's the link to the discussion we are having about it:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/528166/

Knifophia has become wildly popular in the UK and Europe (I think because of Christopher Lloyd' books and also because K. are native to South Africa, formerly a British Colony), but virtually ignored here...

I think they would be wonderful in a Summer Bird and Butterfly garden with daisies various, liatris various, butterfly weed, phystogeia, etc...I would leave out the coneflowers since I am generally not fond of them! (-:

not a great pic of our liatris, but you can get an idea...