Accessible Gardening: The Good Samaritan, 1 by Sassy_Pumpkins

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sassy_Pumpkins

In reply to: The Good Samaritan

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Good Samaritan
Sassy_Pumpkins wrote:
ROFLMBO!!! I am so thrilled there is a man out there who appreciates the flowers!!! That must be one of the many reasons you married him ROFLOL He's a man after my own heart...those were among the first things I planted when I moved over here - that and a couple of irises...my home just isn't home without irises :o) Fresh grown strawberries? Do you get to pick them when they are red ripe?? *Drooling silently* LOL We have more than 30 Strawberry plants...they were all out back in the fruit garden, but the birds kept getting them just as they were ripening, so we thought we'd move some to the front garden and I edged my herb garden with strawberry plants...the birds didn't get them, they didn't get a look in...Sherkahn on the other hand (our dog) gorges himself silly on ripe strawberries...so we either have to pick them when they are pink and unripe and let them ripen on the window sill or we have to buy them from the shop or go to a 'pick your own' farm down the road!! I wanted to grow blueberries as well, they aren't common over here, so we bought a couple of bushes....again, the birds and Sherkahn got them the first 2 years....so we have now put them in pots and keep them in the greenhouse with the door shut....and as long as the phesants don't force their way into the greenhouse I do actually get a few blueberries LOL Of course I'd never known a dog to go nuts for fruit...but worse, our veg patch has to be fenced in to keep the dog out...or he'll go in and help himself to tomatoes, broccoli, beans and peas...he even likes lettuce and radishes!! The only things safe are the carrots and potatoes! Never mind slugs, snails and aphids, Sherkahn is definitely the biggest pest in our garden! And I've attached a pic just so you can see the fruit and vegetable theif LOL he looks so innocent doesn't he? :o)