Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Water Gardening: How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update!, 1 by rutholive

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rutholive

In reply to: How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update!

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update!
rutholive wrote:
So many beautiful ponds, large and small. Just really enjoy looking at all of them.

My little ponds were built by the fellow who has worked ,(whenever he had the time and i had the money) for me for 15 years. I had built two small ponds at my other place before i moved here just over 10 years ago. here there was NOTHING except sage brush and grass, so it was start from beginning.

So we excavated the soil from a pretty much level areanad made the two ponds using for information my previous limited experience and what I got from books and magazines. In this pretty much isolated area there are no pond supply businesses. The rocks are all native rocks. I don't have a waterfall, other than from the sort of tree shaped one on the cement shelf. There is a tiny stream from the small pool to the larger one going under the bridge.

The larger pool has the goldfish, 3 are 10 years old that i moved with me, the rest of the 35 or so goldfish are their offspring. Last summer i bought a small koi who hides most of the time. The smaller pond is for the frogs and toad and polywogs.

DonnaS